This course is designed for:
- Experienced teachers seeking to enhance their course development and delivery skills
- Translators and interpreters with professional experience wishing to teach
- Graduates of translation and interpretation programs considering teaching
- Administrators exploring the possibility of starting a new T&I program
This intensive course will offer a forum for constructive dialogue and exchange of ideas and experiences. The curriculum is intended to reflect a successful blend of theory and practice, beginning with a review of principles of pedagogy with a special focus on and technology and culminating in a practicum.
The tuition cost of this 4 week course is $3,000. To secure your place, please complete the attached form and return it together with a current resume/CV by e-mail, fax or mail to the address below. Last date for applications: April 1, 2001.
CERTIT Course Coordinator MIIS/GSTI
425 Van Buren Street
Tel: (831) 647 3591
Fax: (831) 647 3560
Week One Principals of Pedagogy
Week Two Assessment & Evaluation
Week Three Materials Development
Week Four Practicum
Principals & Methods
Topic Specific Teaching
- Courses are taught by experienced faculty and practicing professionals.
- Curriculum reflects a unique blend of theory and practice.
- Program addresses the breadth and depth of teaching translation/interpretation.