WHO IS THE MASTERS FOR?
The Masters is desiged for both graduates in Modern Languages and professionals whose first degree is in a technical field. Some prior experience of translation is desirable but not essential.
Candidates should ideally have the following:
- Mastery of Spanish and English
- Computer literacy.
The regulations state that students may enter the Masters if they have any of the following qualifications:
- A first university degree (Grado or Licenciatura) in English Studies, Spanish Studies, Translation and Interpreting, Linguistics, or similar areas.
- A first degree (Grado or Licenciatura) in Engineering, Economics, or similar areas
- A degree from an institution in the European Higher Education Area that allows the student to enter a Masters program in the country where that degree was issued.
- An officially recognized (homologado) first university degree from an institution outside of the European Higher Education Area.
- A degree from an institution outside of the European Higher Education Area in cases where the URV has been able to establish that a) the level of training is equivalent to the corresponding Spanish degree, and b) that the degree enables the student to enter a Masters program in the country where the degree was issued.
Candidates will be required to furnish proof of their qualifications.
The Academic Commission may also require online interviews in order to test the candidate's levels of English and Spanish.
I made some amazing friends and contacts and learned a lot from their experience. The opportunities and exposure provided in the program are vast and excellent and you will go back with a very good experience.
After the course I have worked as a freelance translator as well as a translation professional in some big companies for the last five years.
Shruti Khanna, New Delhi